GM efi fuel tank fittings

Andris Skulte askulte at emerald.tufts.edu
Wed Mar 11 04:32:49 GMT 1998

Shannen Durphey wrote:
> > What are the exact fittings for a GM fuel tank? My pickup has 3 lines,
> > and I'm guessing M16x1.5 for the feed, M14x1.5 return, and? for vapors?
> > Let me know if I got the fittings correct...

>   Feed is correct.  Return is correct.  Vapor is usually small hose with
> spring clamps.
> Did you see the fuel line fittings/adaptors page?

I think do. That was the link in the archive? Earl's has fittings that
adapt the M16x1.5 and M14x1.5 to -6AN, w/o anything else. These were
originally for the power steering pumps.

 If I'm limited to the -6AN adapters on both ends of the fuel system,
what is the point of upgrading to braided line first of all, and going
to -8 or -10? It seems like the -6 adapters are the weak link, and I
wouldn't gain anything from going anything larger than 3/8" dia (same as
-6)

Andris