GM efi fuel tank fittings

Shannen Durphey shannen at mcn.net
Wed Mar 11 19:34:54 GMT 1998

Andris Skulte wrote:

> Shannen Durphey wrote:
> >   Have you looked into purchasing unmachined fuel rails?  If you need, I can
> > dig around and find some sources.  I'm pretty sure I saw some of that stuff in
> > an Accell catalogue.
>
> Force EFI (http://www.force-efi.com/) sells the stuff for $9 a foot. My
> larger problem is at the other end of the system. The intank fuel pickup
> is only a 3/8" line, so what is the point of running anything larger
> than -6? If I can make a new intank pickup, I was planning on running -8
> (or -10) to the bulkhead, split into two -6 right into the fuel rails,
> have both rails empty into a FPR w/ two -6 lines, and have a -6 as the
> return. This would all be pointless if my limiting factor is the -6
> fitting on the fuel tank.
>
> Andris

  Oh. I get it now. This happens when you get too many projects going at once. So
you're thinking of getting a sender from the wrecking yard and replacing the steel
line with something larger?  Should work, the lines are usually soldered in.  Then,
would you use an external fuel pump and forget about mounting anything in the tank?

Shannen