DIY_EFI Digest V3 #87

talltom at espace.dcl.com talltom at espace.dcl.com
Wed Mar 11 21:05:48 GMT 1998

On the Mercedes d jetronic system I have to bone with the contention
that ecu must be replaced every 8 years for dependability.  A friend
worked on MBZ for 26 years and NEVER saw a bad ecu on a d jetronic.
My 72 280sel has 175000 miles on it, and I wouldn't be scared to
set off for anywhere right now. Personally I wouldn't dream of
changing the system, it's to easy to modify as is, and works just
fine as it is. I could get a little more speed out of it byu fine tuning
but I don't feel the gain would be worth the effort.