Wide Ratio O2 meter

garfield at pilgrimhouse.com garfield at pilgrimhouse.com
Wed Mar 11 21:45:21 GMT 1998

On Wed, 11 Mar 1998 14:08:06 -0700, Land Shark <lndshrk at xmission.com>
wrote:

> I would be willing to chip in so someone with clout (Frank?) could buy
> a spare interface box and send it to someone to hack to bits...
>
> Jim
>
> PS: Alternative #2 is called the "black bag job".. I was very good at them ;)

I like that term just fine, but in more polite company, we refer to it
as "reverse engineering." Kinda a 90's-speak term for BBJ.

Usually, though, you end up disappointed; the "secret" is almost always
nothing special. Hence the "secret sauce" is mostly "secret" and little
"sauce". So it has to be hidden. Shakespeare had a term for this; he
called it "muddying your waters to make them look deep". Cute, huh?

Gar