Wide Ratio O2 meter

Charles Grosjean charlesg at cco.caltech.edu
Thu Mar 12 04:12:18 GMT 1998

Frank F Parker <fparker at umich.edu> writes:

>The heater circuit/resistance does not matter. It is the other 2 wires,
>the sensor, that we have to measure the internal resistance of without
>upsetting signal output.

Actually, I believe it is the heater resistance that matters, as it is
a temperature sensor of sorts (probably fairly crappy depending on the
material used). Or to put it another way, you could use a piece of wire
as a horrible temp sensor and heater at the same time, sort of like a hot-
wire anemometer.

Is no one interested in hacking an ND wide range sensor instead of the NTK?
It only has four wires, and there is no calibration resistor =). They're also
cheap from the Toyota parts department although I have no idea of a number.
Looks fairly easy to interface to also. Would need a Horiba/Bosch/Motec box
to generate basic calibration data though.

Charles