Honda NTK Sensor Pin-Outs

garfield at pilgrimhouse.com garfield at pilgrimhouse.com
Thu Mar 12 16:48:11 GMT 1998

On Wed, 11 Mar 1998 23:25:45 -0500 "bruce plecan" <nacelp at bright.net>
wrote:

>I just gotta say atta boy, to those who've been investigating
>this Wide Ratio O2 Sensor.  I'm sure I speak for alot of folks
>when I say thank you for sharing this educational material.
>Bruce

Yeah, I agree. Just so I don't seem like more of a suck-up than I
already am 9), I have a confession to make; I've been holding out on
y'all. Frank dug up the pinout for the Honda NTK sensor I have, and in
my greed, I didn't think to ask if I could pass it along. Anyway, I just
got word that this was indeed public info he obtained from NTK, so I'm
finally putting it down below. Hey, better late than never, eh?

OK, pretend you're peering into the Honda connector, looking at the pins
sticking up towards you, and the X in the diagram below is a pin
position with no pin there.

	_	_	_	_

	X	_	_	_

OK, now label these like so:

	a_	b_	c_	d_

	X	f_	g_	h_

Alright, now to double check you're straight so far, you should see the
following colors on wires attached to these pins on the backside of the
connector:

	a:	orange
	b:	yellow
	c & d: 	you should see that they go to that "pocket" in the back
			of the connector, where the cal resistor lives.
	e:	missing pin, X marks the spot
	f:	red
	g:	white
	h:	black

OK, if this is all straight, then here are the pin-outs:

	a:	Heater +
	b:	Heater -
	f:	Vs Cell +
	g:	Ip Cell +
	h:	Common for f & g (i.e., Vs Cell - & Ip Cell -)

Legend:
	Vs Cell:	voltage on the normal O2 sensor Nernst cell
	Ip Cell:	current in/out of the Oxygen Ion Pump cell

This is how I knew how to test the heater last night, whose current
requirements I posted. All the above info courtesy of Frank Parker;
thanks FP for this absolutely key info! If you were a pilot, I'd credit
you with several FlyIn Beers! (ahem, always wait 8 hrs before flying).

Gar