pining,twin plugging,etc...

Michael T. Kasimirsky mtk at tmc.astm.cmri.cmu.edu
Thu Mar 12 20:35:39 GMT 1998

> >>p.s. 131 hp for a 3/4 liter 4 banger,what do you think of that ???
> >>
> >tell me more, I have a 903cc in the race car (about 75HP), so I'd like to
> >know how to double that.

If you're running a 900cc motorcycle engine in a race car and only getting
75hp, someone probably left out a few pistons.  Either that or your motor
is so shagged that it's only got about 50 psi of compression left.  My
400cc 4-cylinder race bike makes 70hp; a 900cc 4-cylinder bike motor can
put out 140ish using the standard hot-rod tricks.  I'd suggest a phone
call to some of the motorcycle race tuners for a set of race cams, flat
slide carbs (or a custom EFI system :-), some porting work, etc.

As you can guess, motorcycles are near and dear to my heart, so if you'd
like some additional info, drop me a line and I'll help you all I can.

And last but not least, put that engine in a two-wheeled chassis so you
can drag your knees in the corners.  :-)

Michael T. Kasimirsky       ---->              mtk at tmc.astm.cmri.cmu.edu
Days:    Staff Engineer                     or mk4u at andrew.cmu.edu
         ASTM Test Monitoring Center           Phi Gamma Delta,
Nights:  1992 Suzuki GSX-R750 Pilot            NRA Life Member, AMA Member
         1990 Yamaha FZR400 Superbike Racer    DoD #1848
         1991 Suzuki GSF400 Bandit Mechanic    WERA Novice #22