I'm impressed

garfield at pilgrimhouse.com garfield at pilgrimhouse.com
Thu Mar 12 21:56:14 GMT 1998

On Thu, 12 Mar 1998 12:43:00 -0800, "Fitzgearld, Fredric"
<fredric.fitzgearld at intel.com> wrote:

>I have to agree.  The only "pointy hat" these people ever wear has stars
>on it, and is accompanied with a magic wand.  They're all wizards in my
>book.
>
>I just turn the wrenches, man.

Ahhh, I think this is a societal-impressed opinion, or just modesty on
Fredric's part.

Mostly, anyone skilled at what they do gets to wear the wizard hat for
that "15 seconds of fame" period, and then everybody has to put the
"other" pointy hat back on. I've seen several "mere wrenches" that had
magic in their fingertips, too. Right now the world's high on
electrics/physics, for example, but it wasn't always that way, and it
might not be a decade from now. Just fashions.

Being good at anything is the eXact same stuff in all cases, methinks.
Just me dos centavos, amigos. Wrenches have alot higher and longer
heritage than electrons, hysterically speakin. If I had to guess, I'd
bet molecular biology is the next and maybe the highest tech of all, and
it's only now beginning to come into it's own. Scary to think of what
the next 100 yrs. will bring. Can you imagine driving somethin that's
actually alive!! Woooo. Hey, we used to do that, didn't we?

Garfield