EGT sensor life

garfield at pilgrimhouse.com garfield at pilgrimhouse.com
Fri Mar 13 01:17:11 GMT 1998

On Thu, 12 Mar 1998 23:23:04 GMT, cmorris at ix.netcom.com (Charles) wrote:

>They only seem to last about 40 hours though (the
>sealed end burns right off). Temps are usually around 1200 F at
>cruise, and as high as 1650 F with 15 psi boost. I've tried 321
>stainless and Inconel, both give up eventually.

I dunno. How far is that from the dragon's belch? All I can tellya is
that they sure last a hell of a lot longer than 40hrs in an aviation
app., but then again, I also dunno if anything special is done with EGT
placement when you run turbo in an aviation engine; never even flown a
turbo'd aircraft, nor looked closely at one. Maybe I should!

Garfield