Thanks!

Raymond C Drouillard cosmic.ray at juno.com
Sat Mar 14 05:44:18 GMT 1998

Many thanks to Bob, Mark, and Joe for the info.  I'm more encouraged
about being able to hook up the electronic spark control without major
surgery.  Also, it'll be nice to run that gas-sucking vortex on something
cheaper than gasoline.

A note about the Holley:
The reason I chose it was to avoid having to hack out the code in the
ECU's ROMs.  The Holley lets me program it directly.  The diagnostic
screen that comes up and gives you data about the outputs of all your
sensors is a good thing, too.  This thing is more fun than my senior
project at Lawrence Tech.

Holley is about to release a program called HONDO (Holley On-Board
Diagnostics, or something like that).  It stores the outputs of all the
sensors in a file.  It takes about ten samples a second.  I used it to
help me tune my engine.  I took a lot of samples under various driving
conditions, wrote them to a database file, and did some statistical
analysis.  I used this data to adjust the map.  I'm going to go through a
few more iterations, but it is running REAL well right now.  I suspect
that I still need to enrich the map at wide-open throttle in the 4000 RPM
range.

Holley sent me the program via email when I asked about capturing the
data that the Holley ECU sends out its RS232 port.  Instead of telling me
how to read the port, they sent me the program.  If anyone is interested,
I can give you info on who to ask for the program.  I'll also be glad to
give you the Foxpro source code that I used for the analysis.  I'm going
to enhanse it some more, but I'm not too vain to give you the unfinished
code that I have right now.

Ray Drouillard