Methanol Injectors

Frederic Breitwieser frederic.breitwieser at xephic.dynip.com
Sun Mar 15 03:51:25 GMT 1998

>Does anyone know the suitability of petrol injectors for use with
>methanol, apart fronm the volumes of fuel required, is there any
>problems with the materials used in their constuction

Yes Grant, there is one major issue with OEM injectors being used with
Methonal, and its corrosion.  We had experimented with running alternative
fuels on a test engine about two years ago, and found that methonal
seriously deteriated the pintle valve on the bottom of the injector in to
time at all, thus rendering the injector into a always open state.
Injector cleaner didn't help either.

Frederic Breitwieser
Bridgeport, CT 06606

Homebrew Automotive Website:
http://www.xephic.dynip.com/

1993 Supercharged Lincoln Continental
1989 HMMWV
2000 Buick-Powered Mid-Engined Sports Car