Wanted After market ECU

Robert Yorke yorker at deltanet.com
Mon Mar 16 06:10:51 GMT 1998

Pete:

The information I have is from the '94 edition of the "EMTECH" catalog
(Apparently at that time EMTECH was HALTECH in the United States).  In this
catalog they discuss the "F3" and F7B" programmable fuel injection
computers.  The F3 was designed to take it's primary control signals from a
MAP sensor as well as TPS.  The F7B used as it's primary reference the
position and movement of the throttle and evidently was intended for use
with motorcycles and "engines with wild cams"
.  They were developing at that time an "E8" but the project engineer on
the job had quit and that development was on hold pending a replacement.  I
can only guess, but it may be that the E8 eventually became the "F8".

At 10:17 PM 3/15/1998 -0500, you wrote:
>  Could someone explain the difference between these units.  I checked out
Haltech page, but these are not listed.