ECM and Methanol & Gasoline (was Re: Phase Seperation)

Kelly Murray kem at franz.com
Mon Mar 16 20:01:52 GMT 1998

>Yes Grant, there is one major issue with OEM injectors being used with
>Methonal, and its corrosion.  We had experimented with running

I also want to run on Methonal, at least under boost conditions.
So does this mean there are special-purpose electronic injectors
for methonal?

> Not overjoyed at the prospect of running Linux as an operating
> system and 332 as a system.
> Looking for something simpler and less comprehensive but

> - - Many folks seem to have built their own minimum config ECU
> boxes - much help is on the web site, including C and basic
> source code, and sources of parts (some free).

My opinion/idea is why not use a common Intel x86 motherboard
for an ECU?  Then one could build specialized plug-in ISA cards.
Sure they are overkill for a mass-produced car.
But it is commonly overlooked that any do-it-yourself project can use
expensive-when-new parts and high manual-labor processes
because the parts can be used, and the label is a one-time free cost.

Sorry if this has all been discussed before, I'm working through
the archives now..

-Kelly Murray  kem at franz.com   Hercules, CA
 '63 Falcon Roadster 460  '70 Mustang Mach1 351W  '69 Chevy Suburban 350