PICs??

Tony Cooper tony.cooper at virgin.net
Tue Mar 17 08:36:05 GMT 1998

Bruce Plecan wrote:

> Well I thought I had my mind made up about using a PIC,
> and Popular Electronics was starting a series on them, so
> I figured I was all set.  Got the new issue, and they changed
> horses midstream, and decided to go with a AT90S1200.
> Supposed to be better!?.
>   They mentioned two web sites.
>   www.atmel.com
>   www.star.net/people/~mvs
> The atmel has spec sheets.  I'm totally lost on chosing
> between the two, any suggestions.  Again the use would be
> for EFI enhansments, ie TPS enrichments, WOT Metering
> TIA  Bruce    The warm, orange glow of the radio, a Cone
>         Shaped Hat, and some spec sheets, life is good.....

Hi Bruce - long time no type.....

Ok, We are just finishing the AIC that I promised earlier this year (I
think). I would recomend the AVR device you mentioned, or even the next
one up - the 2313. I have used both PIC's and the AVR, and IMHO the AVR
knocks spots of the PIC. The complete development system is free of
charge, the devices can be progammed with a 50 (UK pound) programming
system, and they are reasonably cost effective. also they do 1mips per
mhz. There will apparently be a 20mhz versions available soon.

Use the 1200 or the 2313 they are good
TTFN
Tony
--
Sent By Tony Cooper.
email: tony.cooper at virgin.net
Allow at least 10 working minutes for reply. ;)