TattleTales

Lino Verna lino at sequoiasci.com
Tue Mar 17 17:49:50 GMT 1998

I don't know how much this applies to most of you, since I get the
impression that most of you are of the electrical persuasion, as opposed to
more mechanical dolts such as myself.    But instead of philosophizing I'll
get to the point.

Has anybody ever heard of the TattleTale line of dataloggers/controllers.
They are made by Onset   (www.onsetcomp.com).   Essentially they are made
for those of us with less electromotive potential.   They contain a chip or
chips (68HC11 and PIC for example) and a power supply,  A/Ds, memory,
specific digital I/O lines and analog inputs,  and they program in a basic
dialect.   Look at the website for a more accurate and detailed description.

I have used them for a while now where I work, in oceanographic datalogging
apps.  But I have always wanted to try to get one to manage ignition and
fuel.

There is a new model (TFX11  I think is the name)  that looks like it may be
suitable.  I have been looking into how it may work, and I am still unsure
if it is fast enough to deal with spark.

They are a wonderful little item, I would encourage you all to check out the
site.
Also if anyone would like to give me a hand with the spark issue I would be
in your debt.

lino
(aspiring to someday wear a truly conical hat)
(I am already pretty good at staring at blank walls...