PC's and EFI

Frederic Breitwieser frederic.breitwieser at xephic.dynip.com
Thu Mar 19 03:09:00 GMT 1998

>used for TCP stuff is converting IPX to TCP with a packet driver,don't
>know if it's NLM or straight DOS driver tought),also include personnal
>netware (both client/server) and is embeddable in rom (they're embeddable

For DR DOS the network drivers are ODI compliant, and certainly not NLM
based.  (N)etwork (L)oadable (M)odules are clumps of code specifically
compiled to run under a Netware 3.x and higher server.

The other advantage, is its not too difficult to port over to an EEPROM,
and boot your PC system board on that prom, rather than messing with
floppies and such.

I've seen a couple of dedicated embedded applications with DR DOS (mostly
robotics stuff) that manage the hardware (robots) and connect to a Novell
Server for data/program storage this way.

I currently work for a hospital, and a lot of the lab work is done via
DR-DOS based robotic arms.  While its fascinating, neat and expensive, I'm
sure MIT is light years ahead :)

Frederic Breitwieser
Bridgeport, CT 06606

Homebrew Automotive Website:
http://www.xephic.dynip.com/

1993 Supercharged Lincoln Continental
1989 HMMWV
2000 Buick-Powered Mid-Engined Sports Car