PC's and EFI

Dave Williams dave.williams at chaos.lrk.ar.us
Thu Mar 19 04:35:47 GMT 1998

-> good point,Digital Research licenced (or licensed,my english speaking
-> ability are not honed) the DOS to Novell witch now licence it to
-> Caldera

 Novell *bought* Digital Research, lock, stock, and barrel.  They did
little with it, and when Novell's CEO (Ray Noorda?) left, he managed to
work take it with him, along with Novell's OEM-ized version of Linux.
I forget what Novell was calling it at the time, but he renamed it to
Caldera.

 Novell had also bought AT&T's Unix - the Real McCoy - dropped a wad of
cash tweaking it to become the replacement for their NOS, then sold it
cheap to SCO.  This maddened buying and selling cycle is typical of
companies preparing to perform corporate seppuku.