PC's and EFI and FAQs and PICs and TLAs

Kelly Murray kem at franz.com
Thu Mar 19 06:32:30 GMT 1998

> First off, it
>can be done with that type of hardware, but why? To do something as simple as
>multi-channel PWM control and that sort of nice port level control on a PC or
> any generic processor will require work.

Work is something I've never avoided, perhaps to my demise...
I've got existing tools and experience to program PC hardware,
i.e. developed an application to run out of an EPROM on "bare" PC hardware.
It's my hammer, EFI looks like nails to me..

>On the other hand, I can go out and
> buy a $59 8051 card that has it built in, and that can control a complete
> injection system. It is that specalized bit of hardware that makes the
>programmers job easier, and not hogging CPU resources to, for example, Do PWM

Where I can get more information about a "8051" card?

In my opinion, the DIY_EFI website really could be more informative on
what people have actually tried and are actually doing and why.
This would avoid rehash and let people learn and contribute or advance
what has been done in the past.

-Kelly Murray kem at franz.com
 '63 Falcon Roadster 460  http://www.htrd.com/kem/falcon.html "LoFLYER"
 '70 Mustang Mach1 351W->TurboEFI6 aka Project "Mach6"   no pics yet