PC's, EFI

Frederic Breitwieser frederic.breitwieser at xephic.dynip.com
Fri Mar 20 14:27:35 GMT 1998

>There was at least a prototype of an Engine Management front end chip
>produced buy a big Semiconductor company. This allowed any CPU of choice to
>be the brains of an ECU the chip did all the hard work - figure out where

This is true... Motorola has recently added automotive-specific chips for
driving variou components of a FI system.  I've been slowly leaching this
information from their website.  I also believe National Semi did the same,
and I know Intel has some auto-specific products.

>rest. I can find the data sheet tonite if any one is interested.

I am, and if you could point me to the URL it would be appreciated.  File
attachments in E-Mail for some reason doesn't work any longer.... :(

Frederic Breitwieser
Bridgeport, CT 06606

Homebrew Automotive Website:
http://www.xephic.dynip.com/

1993 Supercharged Lincoln Continental
1989 HMMWV
2000 Buick-Powered Mid-Engined Sports Car