DIS

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Fri Mar 20 16:18:29 GMT 1998

OK for a chemical engineer inert would be the wrong word, but GM
has used the word inert to cover exhaust gases.  How about prior
chemically reacted?.
  Either way, doesn't there need to be a iononized path for a spark
to occur?...
  Let's use some real numbers, for a Comp Cam 12-211-2
the events are      Open                  Close
  @ .006"  intake  29BTDC           61ABDC
               exhaust  69BBDC           21ATDC
  "IF" this cam was used in a turbo motor with a total advance of
15d BTDC, the intake valve would have been open for 14d........
If say it was running 20 PSI of boost then there would be lots of
fresh fuel/air mixture present....
  The "point" to my asking all of this was the mention of monitoring
ionozation for detonation control, and the effects of that when used
on a turbo DIS system...  Was just getting around to how fine of
point (funny I'd use that term) that this ionization would have to be
measured, and if that might be used for something else.........
  Cheers  Bruce    Finely honed point on this Cone Shaped Hat