DIS

steve ravet steve at sun4c409.imes.com
Fri Mar 20 17:52:15 GMT 1998

Bruce Plecan wrote:

> OK for a chemical engineer inert would be the wrong word, but GM
> has used the word inert to cover exhaust gases.  How about prior
> chemically reacted?.

How about combustionally challenged?

>   Either way, doesn't there need to be a iononized path for a spark
> to occur?...

No, although that makes it easier.  A spark can form in a complete
vacuum.  An ionized path will allow current to flow without a spark,
which is I guess how those electrical knock detection schemes work.

--steve

obCSH:  Electrical discharges tend to form around sharp discontinuities,
such as the point on your Cone Shaped Hat.

--
Steve Ravet
International Meta Systems
steve at imes.com