toulene

Raymond C Drouillard cosmic.ray at juno.com
Sat Mar 21 04:23:24 GMT 1998

On Fri, 20 Mar 1998 20:08:48 -0800 Frederic Breitwieser
<frederic.breitwieser at xephic.dynip.com> writes:
>I save most messages I get of any value, so with the comments on
Toulene,
>I'll pass this along from the Grand National/Turbo T-TYpe list.
>
>Hope it helps, and its really long :)
>

>>RANDY BURG wrote:
>>

>>> Toulene has been taken off the shelves in California by the EPA so we
don't
>>> hurt ourselves. It was available at paint stores as a cleaner such as
Acetone
>>> and maybe available in other normal states. Older racers used to add
moth
>>> balls to the gas to raise octane but I don't know the
chemicalingredient of
>>> moth balls. Anybody?

paradichlorobenzene
(I have no idea if it really boosts octane or how harmful it is to engine
parts)

Why not go with water injection?  You won't find a cheaper "additive".
The water could be injected only when the engine would tend to detonate.

Ray Drouillard