Wide Ratio O2

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Sat Mar 21 21:49:46 GMT 1998

Boy, that sounds really neat.  I'd like to thank all involved so far.

Yep, being able to tell any OEM ECM things is peachey keen is
a good idea.
  "My" goal is looking to somehow use this as a sensor for a feed
back device.  That way it would maintain a fixed WOT AFR.  What
I'd like to do is possibly use a set of LM1949 (I think it is), as a new
output stage, and use the oem ecm as the "base pulse width" and
modify that useing feed back from the WRO2 sensor.
  Maybe as simple as using the output from a LM 3914 to a series
of resistors for a variable rate monostable 555 to run the final drive.
  What does that sound like?.  Good/bad/silly/doable?.

Now, for the $64,000 question.  Would ionization from a detonation
problem, screw up the ion pump, or the sensing of this device??.
Or would one just have to use a OEM type knock sensor to prevent
this.

At this level now, which sensor are we talking about?.  Is all this theory
so far just specific to one brand of WRO2 sensor?..  Is the Honda
OEM one still in the running?.
  And I understand this we don't worry about where this is mounted in
the exhaust stream.  So even downstream of a turbo is fine.  Is a
WOT EGT of 1400-1500dF a problem?.
Sorry but I've been trying to keep up but at times ya'all still get over my
head..
TIA  Bruce  Imagine, wearing a Cone Shaped Hat, and a min.
                    emission level hot rod.....  Low emission would
                    be pushing it..