67F687 chip

Ron & Cathy Webb rwebb at polarnet.com
Sat Mar 21 22:17:50 GMT 1998

After you folks mentioned the Silicon Systems 67F687 Engine
Interface Peripheral chip, I went looking on the web, and found
the Data sheet (QuestLink, 55 pages). There is also a supplier
listed, who swears he can get them.

If anyone has any first hand experience with the things, I'd be
interested, because they sure look wunnerful so far! Looks like
one of these things, tied onto one of the $89 microcontroller
boards I've been using, would just about make a complete system,
hardware wise.

Anybody know for sure if they are vaporware? What's the catch
here - this looks too easy!