Crazy idea?

Ludis Langens ludis at cruzers.com
Sun Mar 22 07:57:53 GMT 1998

Frederic Breitwieser <frederic.breitwieser at xephic.dynip.com> wrote:
> That means every time the intake valve opens, you have six pulses worth of
> fuel resting on the valve, which I will call X milliliters.

[ If the Ford is like GM, there will will two (and sometimes only one)
pulses worth of fuel waiting in the intake. ]

Thor Johnson <thormj at iname.com> wrote:
> Batch:
>   * Can use smaller injectors (acceptable injection time is 100% of the
> crank rev time)

> Sequential:
>   * Have to use bigger injectors (Tinj < 25% of Trev)

There should be no need to change injectors to go sequential.
"Sequential" doesn't mean one-at-a-time.  It simply means that each
injector's on and off times are synced to the corresponding intake
valve.  Just think of several batch fire systems all running slightly
skewed from each other.  At WOT, all the injectors could be on
simultaneously - with a short off interval sequencing around the
injectors.

               unsigned long BinToBCD(unsigned long i) {unsigned long t;
Ludis Langens     return i ? (t = BinToBCD(i >> 1), (t << 1) + (i & 1) +
ludis at cruzers.com            (t + 858993459 >> 2 & 572662306) * 3) : 0;}