L98 Chevrolet tuning parameters

Mark Rowse kiwikid at gto.net.om
Sun Mar 22 15:43:46 GMT 1998

Hi. I am new to this list. I have an 86 Corvette into which I have
installed a Haltech E6GM. Because Oman, where I live, only has leaded
petrol I have to develop some means of achieving what the stock system did
and then I want to try to tune for extra performance. I have changed my o2
sensor for a supposedly lead tolerant one from Bosch. Where I would like
some help is in getting the E6GM to have about the same settings for fuel
and ign as the original ECU had. Is there anyone on this list that has
access to either a *.6AM file for a Haltech with stock(ish) settings for an
L98 or can someone give me a list of the parameters I should be aiming for.
If my questions are too far off the raison d'etre for this list or if the
answers are on a FAQ somewhere, then I am sorry to have bothered you.

Mark