PC's and EFI

Sketch sketch at r34h11.res.gatech.edu
Sun Mar 22 19:13:09 GMT 1998

> Some of the newer cards are much better however.  I have several different
> ones, and the Turtle Beach card captures fairly flat across the frequency
> spectrum.  I tested this BTW, since I wanted to do digital recording with
> Cakewalk 6.  Its not a DAT, but its "acceptable" and better than tape :)

One possible problem with that - last I heard, Turtle Beach won't release
programming info on their cards, and they only have Windows (and possibly
DOS) drivers.  A couple of their newer cards (Maui/Tropaz) are based on
chips from other manufacturers, and there are drivers available for Linux.

C'ya    |  Daytona Beach, FL       |  Florida Fiero Council
Sketch  |  86 Fiero SE V6 4-speed  |  Space Coast Fieros

Florida Fiero Council & Online Service Guide:
http://apollo.pacificweb.net/~sketch/