DIS Explainations

Clare Snyder snyder at huron.net
Sun Mar 22 21:14:53 GMT 1998

Raymond C Drouillard wrote:

> On Sun, 22 Mar 1998 02:53:49 -0700 Clint Corbin <ccorbin at Rt66.com>
> writes:

> of
> once.
> >>
> >>The clue is that one cylinder is at atmospheric pressure (or
> thereabouts)
> >>whereas the other plug is at compression pressure. Air is an insulator,
> >>the effect of which increases with pressure as you note. This means
> that
> >>the resistance at the plug exposed to low pressure is much less than
> the
> >>resistance at plug exposed to high pressure. Basic Ohms law tells us
> that
> >>the voltage drop over the high pressure plug will be much higher.
> Since
> >>the current is the same, the energy at the high pressure will be
> higher.
> >>
> >>Egil
> >
> >Don't forget, the gas in the cylinder that's get the wasted spark is
> also
> >very, very hot.  Good chance that a lot of this gas is already ionized,
> >further reducing that plugs resistance.
> >

> Are the plugs wired in series?  How is this accomplished?  Since the
> outer electrodes of all the plugs are grounded to the block, I was
> assuming that they were wired in parellel.
>
> To wire them in series, we would not be able to use the standard
> autotransformer.  Instead, the secondary would have to float.  Also, the
> direction of the current would have to be reversed based on which plug is
> to be fired, since the plugs are designed to work with a specific
> polarity.
>
> Ray Drouillard

> Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]
They are in series, and one plug always fires backwards. This is not a
problem due to excess voltage availability. Reverse polarity increases
required spark voltage - no other effect. The ciol fires both plugs at
the same time, in series with the double ended coil.
--
                               _/\_
                    Reply to Clare at snyder.on.ca
                                OR
Remove the R from clsnyder in my E-Mail Address to reply. Stop the
spammers!!!
It's hard to soar like an eagle when your stuck with a bunch of
Turkeys!!!