Need more fuel 2

Steve Lamb lambs at HOTBLK.dsto.defence.gov.au
Mon Mar 23 06:39:18 GMT 1998

>Hmm, increase to 60 psi. Not sure if the pump can handle that, so I guess
>that the next question is for people in Australia.  Does anyone know if the
>VN Commodore external Bosch pump can deliver at 60psi ?

Without modifying the internal pressure relief valve, I doubt it.   Simple
fix though - get a Bosch fuel pump from a car with the K-Jet system (ie
Volvo 264 or similar) as these operate at around 70psi continuous.    OTOH,
I've been told that bumping up the pressure too much can lead to the
injectors only opening intermittently , is this correct ??

>Dan     dzorde at geocities.com
>
>>19pph X 8 / .5 lb /BHP-hr BSFC = 304 HP
>>
>>Increase fuel press to 60 psig:
>>
>>304 X sq rt(60/40) = 372 HP potential
>>
>>inj cc/min = pph / 6.15 lb/gal / 3875 cc/gal / 60 s = 10.5 X pph rate
>>
>>TurboDave
>>
>>At 06:08 PM 3/22/98 -0800, you wrote:

Steve Lamb
Department of Defence, DSTO
Aeronautical and Maritime Research Laboratory
506 Lorimer Street
Fishermans Bend  VIC 3207 Australia

Tel: +61 3 9626 7525
Fax: +61 3 9626 7089