PC's and EFI

Frederic Breitwieser frederic.breitwieser at xephic.dynip.com
Mon Mar 23 13:50:05 GMT 1998

>One possible problem with that - last I heard, Turtle Beach won't release
>programming info on their cards, and they only have Windows (and possibly
>DOS) drivers.  A couple of their newer cards (Maui/Tropaz) are based on
>chips from other manufacturers, and there are drivers available for Linux.

Well, if you don't like the sound card /joystick thing, there are A/D cards
out there from 4-bit to 16-bit that are affordable. Of course, one can bget
back to soldering and make one using NatSemi or Motorola chips, but then at
that point, might as well solder together an entire system :)

Frederic Breitwieser
Bridgeport, CT 06606

Homebrew Automotive Website:
http://www.xephic.dynip.com/

1993 Supercharged Lincoln Continental
1989 HMMWV
2000 Buick-Powered Mid-Engined Sports Car