Accel enrichment

Clive Apps Techno-Logicals 416 510 0020 clive at problem.tantech.com
Tue Mar 24 15:14:27 GMT 1998

> > What is going on in terms of MAP, air flow velocity, pressure,
> > fuel vaporisation and VE?
>
> MAP; I explained my observations.Air Flow Velocity; My observations lead
> me to think the air flow increases beyond the steady state for that
> throttle setting.  Pressure; Above what is needed at that steady state
> throttle setting.

this is not difficult to understand
when you first increase the the throttle opening there is a larger
vacuum under the plate than there would be at steady state at the
same plate opening

this will increase the flow over that opening for a short period of time
because carbs are non linear and take time to respond as burst of
fule has to be added to the air column to allow the carb to correct for
the flow increase

on FI you will have to very briefly add enrichment to make up for
what fuel air mix is already in the plenums/ ports ect. that would
other wise be slightly leaned out by the sudden introduction of more air
than would normally be flowing past the same throttle opening

als you will usually want more power while accelerating than cruising
at a similar throttle opening, riching up the mixture in an engine tuned
for emissions as they are today will help it make a little more power
while the power is required

this + all the other stuff listed below
and probably a whole bunch of other reasons as well
Clive