Injector shapes and spray patterns

d houlton x0710 tc75918 at hpnfssvr.mdhc.mdc.com
Tue Mar 24 15:56:37 GMT 1998

Does anybody have any data on the physical shape for different injectors
and the spray pattern they produce?

I've seen basically two shapes.  The long skinny ones and the short fat
ones (GM tbi I think?).  What about spray patterns.  Is there anything in
the part numbers that specifies the pattern?

Do they spray in a cone?  How big of a cone?  What about a solid stream
like a squirt gun?  I seem to recall that this type is used to spray
directly on the intake valve.

Are there any that spray two streams or cones to the sides anywhere from
say 120 to 180 degrees apart rather than a single stream strait forward
(or down depending how you look at it)?  What about a single cone or
stream to one side instead of strait.

I'm looking to add an additional injector or two to supplement the fuel
supply for adding a turbo.  Whether I use one or two and where I locate
them all depend on the physical shape and spray patterns of injectors
available.  Any help is appreciated.

--Dan
houlster at bigfoot.com