Injector shapes and spray patterns

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Tue Mar 24 18:37:59 GMT 1998

ref Dan, and spray patterns:
  There are three basic types of injectors (EFI) that I know of
disc, ball, and pintle.  All three have one shape and that of a
single cone.  The angle of the cone has a great deal to do
with the applied pressure..  I've heard claims the disc have
a better pattern, might be hyp cause they cost more.
  I'd mount the injector(s) close to the turbo, so that the fuel
they add can absorb heat and better vaporize..
  Same for adding water, close to turbo...
Years ago did alot of work with one engine with down drafts vs
side draft, got the same HP having the fuel "bounce off" a
vertical wall prior to the intake plenum.  Never did make sense
just worked.
HTH Bruce    My Cone Shape Hat, while looking to be flannel
                       is actually Nomex...  Matter of fact looking for a
                       whole wardrobe of nomex.