Maybe many new guys?

Mark Knowles mknowles at ti.com
Tue Mar 24 20:50:35 GMT 1998

	Does anyone have the URL of the Turbo shop and other information
sources for what vehicles have compatible TBI or inexpensive FI?  Cant find a
wrecking yard that seems to know the difference between TBI, TPI, FM/AM.
	I built a fairly low budget 350, almost all Edelbrock RPM performer
(except for a 600 CFM instead of a 750).  Im not getting near the HP I think I
should be getting.  I don't have much money left, as I need to finish
body/interior as well.  64 Chevy LWB daily driver.  I installed 2-wire O2
sensors in headers and at least have some very simple, although digital
feedback for basic tuning purposes.  It is kind of hard to watch a DMM while
working through RPMs to see where I stand.  My memory is semi-volatile as well.
Especially when I look up from the DMM and see something other than the middle
of the road.  Im still working through multiple iterations with metering
rods... to get carb right, or at least close.
	I'm greatly appreciating the Wide range O2 discussion...  Glad to be
able to garnish information from this list.  Im an EE, but havent been able to
figure out how to get the cone shaped hat to stay on my head,  without sticking
it in my ear.  So far, it only stays put when inserted from one side, and held
firmly through the other ear ;)

>  From: "Bruce Plecan" <nacelp at bright.net>, on 3/24/98 2:07 PM:
>  ref Paul:
>  340 Duster, hmmm.
>  Maybe just use a GM 1227730 (MAP), or 1227165 (MAF)
>  system off a 350 chevy.  400 HP Would need right at 25 lb/hr.
>  injectors, might get by with the stock 350, or the Buick V-6
>  should work,  they're always updating and for sale at the GN
>  Home Page...  Course I kinda like the GM ecms, and both of
>  those mentioned have tuning programs available from The
>  Turbo Shop..
>  HTH  Bruce

						Thanks,
						Mark Knowles