GM tbi

Jim Davies jimd at vcc.bc.ca
Tue Mar 24 21:37:38 GMT 1998

On Tue, 24 Mar 1998, Clare Snyder wrote:

> MOST DEFINITELY a v12. I have personally worked on one, many , many
> years ago. i BELIEVE THE V6 WAS A 366, or something lioke that - a GMC
> medium truck engine, at any rate - not an automotice deriviative. This
> brute was 2 of 'em end to end.
> --
GMC had there very own V6, sharing nothing from any other engine. It had a
60 degree block. IIRC, the smallest V6 was 301 and the biggest was 478
with one in the middle. IIRC, the V12 was two 301s. The V8 was 1.25 of the
478.

GM therefor had a 60 degree V6 cobbled into a 60 degree V8 and the whole
tribe of 90 degree V6s which were .75 of variuos V8s. Then of course,
there was the Tempest 4, half a pontiac V8. Recycled...

Jim Davies