LSM11

garfield at pilgrimhouse.com garfield at pilgrimhouse.com
Thu Mar 26 02:03:35 GMT 1998

On Wed, 25 Mar 1998 00:20:08 EST, PNefdt <PNefdt at aol.com> wrote:

>Hi to all the O2 fanatics.

Among the guilty as charged, your honor.

>I have mapped the LSM11 from 1000degC down to 650degC. ie internal temperature
>vs O2 vs Uout.
>Has anyone mapped it lower? I would also like to compare my 3d map against
>whoever else has done this.
>
>I have a 68hc11 based board that figures internals and outputs a linear
>voltage vs lambda - from 1000 down to 650degC. (.75 to 1.6 lambda) To run
>alky, I need to extend the maps, but maybe somebody has already done this?
>Prepared to trade maps if necessary.

[For us neophytes, just how much further does one need to go for alky?]

Hmmmm, sounds like someone's been holding out on us! Peter, how long
have you had this data? Any chance we can talk you into posting the 3d
surface to the ftp site? Or even the whole thang? Remember, it is more
blessed to share/collaborate than to hoard!

If there's a worm discovered in the current plan to pull off an NTK UEGO
sensor based diy_egometer, we may need to fall back to using the LSM-11.
If that happens, your data/circuit would be invaluable.

Got a related question for ya; how did you measure your temps? By that I
mean, did you have a thermocouple on the probe tip itself, or is that
range of the above EGTs measured with a separate free-standing t-couple?
And lastly, how on earth did you keep the Temp up to 1000degC stable
long enough to do CAL measurements? I'm impressed. Do you have your own
personal pet Dragon, by any chance?

Garfield