GM tbi

Gwyn Reedy mgr at mgrcorp.com
Thu Mar 26 14:01:23 GMT 1998

The GMC V-6 and V-12 were not performance engines. They had torque curves
more like a diesel than a modern gasoline engine. Heavy as sin too.

I'm guessing (prompted by memories) that the peak torque was at 1400 rpm and
horsepower came about 3000 or less. No high-winder.

For perspective, the 348 was designed in the same time period and while it
had a lot more performance potential than the GMC block, it was not in the
same league as the small block and was superceded by the   big block chevy
engine after only a few years.

Gwyn Reedy
Brandon, FL