Programming 101 from CSH HQ PART 1

steve ravet steve at sun4c409.imes.com
Fri Mar 27 16:20:46 GMT 1998

Bruce Plecan wrote:

> Before firing off letters, please wait a while, so any follow
> up information can take place.  I have a problem, that can
> take me away from writting, and I may get short to close
> a point.
>
> Well here we go.
>   First, this is for educational purposes only.
>   What I say here is just what others have told me.  I have
> no formal training in electronics, or engineering, so it might
> all be wrong, and I'd expect with the folks here I'll be corrected
>   If someone tries these methods/information it would be for
> Off-Road use only.  Various laws are in effect for modifing
> vehicles, and maybe illegal.  It is you the reader to figure out the
> laws in your area.  The training I have is vocational, auto repair.
>
> OK, I have enlisted some really good software types, but can
> use a few more.  If anyone wants this job it's their's for the asking.
> So it's my way, ya got an idea e-mail me.  Find an error e-mail
> me or post it.  I may say some things just to make life easy
> for the non-whatevers.  From a general understanding point
> it don't matter if the reader starts at 000000, and stops at
> FFF, or reads down from FFF to 000000,  OK.  If ya wanna
> nitpic we'll never get anywhere...
>   We need people to do the following:
> 1.  Breadboard a EFI on a bench using ecms that are picked
>      by the group.

What does breadboard mean?  Run them using fake sensors on the bench?  I
may be able to do some of this, but I'm limited in test equipment (have
a logic analyzer and a multimeter, actively looking for oscope).

> 2. Some volunteers who have a car/truck and can burn
>     chips to test drive things, perferably with a scanner.
> 3. People who can/do visit recycling centers.

This I can do.  I'm always looking for excuses to visit the boneyard.

> 4. Parts trackers.

This possibly.

> 5. Thinkers, EE+ME, and folk who spin wrenches.

Can do this also, but can't guarantee results of thinking.

--steve

obCSH:  Does a CSH concentrate cosmic power in the same fashion as
pyramid power?  Sounds like dissertation material to me...

--
Steve Ravet
International Meta Systems
steve at imes.com