Which ECM with Which Car...Diacom RevEng

lkurek at smtpgate.anl.gov lkurek at smtpgate.anl.gov
Fri Mar 27 20:50:08 GMT 1998

     Well, I'll tell you what....

     I have the Diacom Plus software and it is unquestionably one of the
     best pieces of software I have ever bought. They do have a GM
     calibration file which lists all of the GM cars from the first ECM
     through 1995 models. I would think it has both calibration info, along
     with what sensor inputs/outputs are available in the data stream for
     each model.

     I just uploaded a full copy of the diacom software, along with the GM
     configuration files for it (FTP site...Incoming
     Directory...Diacom.zip). Feel free to check out the calibration files
     and if we can reverse engineer them, perhaps we can determine which
     cars used which ECM. The software is useless to hook up to your car
     without the "active" cable they supply with it, so please observe
     copyrights as appropriate.

     If anyone needs to see a capture file, I have them from a multitude of
     F-body cars (87, 94, 95) along with one froom an 89 Cavalier 4cyl.

     TTYL...and happy reverse engineering!

     Larry

     BTW...the files were zipped from C:\Diacom\

     _________________________________ Subject: Re: Daydreaming at Cone
     Shaped Hat Headquarters
     Author:  <diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu> at internet Date:
     3/27/98 10:10 AM

     It seems that some GM controller is our best bet for the universal
     controller due to availability of info (even if the EEC is a bit more
     powerful?).

     Square 1 is still:
     Does anyone know of a list of which controllers are in which cars?

     Also...what competitors are there to Rinda Tech's Diacomm software for
     monitoring the GM ECU?  Any feedback about Diacomm?

     -greg