LSM11

PNefdt PNefdt at aol.com
Sat Mar 28 01:10:15 GMT 1998

<< > >Maybe that is all he uses, likes to use, or can use..

 > True, everyone's welcome to use whatever software they like.

 > However, in any mailing list, the list has to provide support for the
 > lowest common denominator, and in our case, its ASCII only.

 Yes, please try to keep it to ASCII.  Anything else should be
 sent privately or uploaded to the ftp site.  It's a waste of
 the server's bandwith sending out all those attachments that
 not everyone can read. >>

I was unaware of the ascii requirement. I normally use DOS's EDIT for most
programming etc, and only used MS word as I thought most people out there
today, use Win.
Perhaps new listees should be informed as to the list's requirements, and also
the facilities provided, such as an upload site. Perhaps also informing them
that attachments are undesirable?

Peter.