Ranger 4x4

Frederic Breitwieser frederic.breitwieser at xephic.dynip.com
Sat Mar 28 05:12:13 GMT 1998

>  I want to TRY and get a bit more power out of it,but all the

I either have too many gearhead friends, or I'm having a stroke of luck
answering all these questions tonight.

Anyway, a friend of mine had an 85 Bronco II with the same engine, and you
know these two vehicle's powertrain are the same.

What he did was so incredibly simple - he leached off a totaled 4-cyl turbo
Thunderbird the exhaust manifold, turbo, and injectors.  After coating the
manifold, rebuilding the turbo, and buying new injectors (they weren't any
good), he ended up with a reasonably amount of power for his Bronco II.  In
fact, this little truck held its own on many of our 4x4 weekends.

He didn't modify or rebuild the engine at all... We were in a junkyard in
Upstate NY looking for a Ford 9" for a project of mine, and we climbed over
the T-bird.  He bought more stuff than I did !!!

I was impressed it worked as well as it did, considering he didn't change a
darn thing.
Frederic Breitwieser
Bridgeport, CT 06606

Homebrew Automotive Website:
http://www.xephic.dynip.com/

1993 Supercharged Lincoln Continental
1989 HMMWV
2000 Buick-Powered Mid-Engined Sports Car