Update on 101 and too long

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Sat Mar 28 14:40:04 GMT 1998

Well seems that things have changed in the last 24 hours.  At this
point we have several people looking for ecms, and I got some
interesting mail.  Also, there seems to be a new interest in some
folks doing bench testing so we might pull this off.  Little to minor
hitch it will be a while before we get a "good life like" O2 signal
generator.  But, we can easily live with that.  Gonna take a couple
days for everyone to get ecms, and wiring, any way.
  There are more tables involved than I originally thought, but I was
guessing, so no big deal.  Looks to be 73 all together, plus switch
settings.  Some we may never figure out all of it, or need to.  We're doing
this the old fashion way to a certain extent, we're brute forcing some of
it.  As much of it as we can find in printed manner, figure from
some logic, and then trial and error.  Hopefull the error factor will
be a min..  So if ya got some secret reserve of info, your just slowing
us down not stopping us.  Sounds neat being able to say that.
  We are all adults here so I'm not keeping tabs of exactly who's
doing what.  I've got a 3x5 card with a rough count so if your not
going to finish something, let me know please!..  This is a group
effort, or I hope for it to be..
  May have a little ditty of software coming, if you have fc already,
you can compare files, and find out what's different, between them,
with this you'll be able to see what is the same between them.
Slick
  In case you've heard the name disassembler, what that is is a
program that allows you to enter a prom file, and it spits it back at you
in one long column.  Then you can count the number of tables, where
they are, and how long they are.  That also has reduced our work load
by a whole bunch.  I got a copy of a disassembled 747, but I'm not
going to print it all out here, if some has this type of program, it might
be interesting to have one somewhere, where it could be seen, that's
for others to figure out..
  BTW, I don't have parts, software, consulting time or anything else
for sale.  I don't get free samples to give away.  If I find a bargain I'll
let ya know, and may make enough to cover a credit card purchase
of something.  ie the chips.  And again if someone tracks them down for less
than a buck please let us/me know.  40 are spoke for and
need 100 to get that price, anybody wanting to take that over is fine, just
e-mail me.  Nother thing, I'm not a computer guy (PC, or anything
else other than what gm put inna car), I don't know where to get
anything like that.
  Interesting story, about last night/morning, spent a bit of time trying
to get something to run.  Several hours passed, and finally decided
to get some help, more time, no results, called another guy, and
found out what to do.  Went to us use new file, in another program locked up
the computer. Nother hour or so didling around. Turns out it needed to be
.xyz, and I had .abc..  So don't look at me for help with that sort of stuff
we got brains around here for that, I'm not one of them..
  Please feel free to e-mail me, I'm at nacelp at bright.net  my phone
number is (937) 692-5869.  I'm usually on line so if busy e-mail, and
tell me ya wanna talk, and to hang up the modem.  If ya want to critize me,
write me..  Ya gonna write me at least sign what you write.  If you want to
write, fine, I'd like to write back if there is a problem so include your
e-mail address.  If I error, Please Write, if you have to tell everyone that
I did thats fine, but like most folk, I'd rather hear it, by
personal e-mail.
  I know some of you are unhappy about this effort, but this is only kinda
about writting proms.  Like I said in page one this is for educational
purposes.
  Hope that covers everything for today.
Cheers  Bruce    This excessive BW brought to you by Cone
     Shaped Hat World Headquarters