ASCII - please

Orin Eman orin at wolfenet.com
Sat Mar 28 18:54:53 GMT 1998

I think you missed the point.

Firstly, a MIME attachment in a _digest_ is
useless.  You have to scroll thru screenfulls of encoded data to
get to the next message.  Yes, I know that there are Unix utilities
to split digests, but again, that doesn't apply for everyone.

Secondly, the major complaint was about a Microsoft Word format
attachment.  Again, useless to those who aren't running some
form of Windows and in my case, merely a pain to switch mailers,
save the attachment, download it to my laptop then open it in
Winword, only to find it's Word 97 format that I can't read anyway
(worst case, I don't know what this particular attachment was,
but it has happened in the past).

So, PLEASE avoid the attachments and HTML encoding.
MIME headers are OK IMO if the contents are plain text.

Orin, list admin.

(Win95/Dialup Networking/QmodemPro/telnet->Unix shell/elm
which works very well at avoiding downloading huge unwanted
email attachments... 'd' at the first screen and it's gone!)