Project boxes

Frederic Breitwieser frederic.breitwieser at xephic.dynip.com
Sun Mar 29 02:17:26 GMT 1998

>Tres simple question, does anyone know a source for good quality, DIN
>size (full DIN, 1/2 DIN, 1/4 DIN etc.) project boxes? I've got

Sorry Zack, I've never seen such a thing.  However if you find them
ANYWHERE, I'd love to hear about them.  I looked on the net, called
manufacturers, etc.  No DIN boxes :(

On the one situation where I made a DIN sized device, I merely made a face
plate bigger than the DIN opening, drilled two holes that matched two
threaded holes inside the dashboard (beind the facia), and screwed it in
that way.  Not exactly universal, but I survived, and it didn't look cheesy
at all, at least compared to those dark blue plastic Radio Shack boxes.

Frederic Breitwieser
Bridgeport, CT 06606

Homebrew Automotive Website:
http://www.xephic.dynip.com/

1993 Supercharged Lincoln Continental
1989 HMMWV
2000 Buick-Powered Mid-Engined Sports Car