Mileage with a Motor Home

Bernie Jacobsen bcjac at ix.netcom.com
Mon Mar 30 05:24:25 GMT 1998

Fred,

I've done a couple of diesel conversions,  and they are a LOT of work ('76
F350 with Perkins 6-354,  '68 IH travel all W/471 Detroit, '67 F350 W/ IH
9.0L)   I have learned that normally it's not a gain financially, you just
have to like the project and the vehicle.

the 500 CI caddy mill would probably not have been my first choice for a
conversion, but look at the benefits:Quiet,  smooth torque and HP,  Broad
power band,  did I mention that its quiet?

Poor mpg is only one aspect of the vehicle (although it is a constantly
nagging one- every time you fill up!),  But the positive aspects may
outweigh the negatives....

^Bernie