Jet Hot Coatings

Frederic Breitwieser frederic.breitwieser at xephic.dynip.com
Mon Mar 30 14:57:43 GMT 1998

>Is the performance gained by the heat retention noticeable? (practically, in
>the feel of the vehicle, or in mpg)

I can't tell you too much about the performance gains, but I can say that
the engine compartment is much cooler overall from inside/outside coatings
on the headers.  And I think coating them on the inside/outside is better
than wrapping the headers, which accomplishes the same thing temperature
wise.  By coating the inside, they will rust lest during condensation
formation after the engine is shut down.

If you lower your engine compartment temperature, most of the other stuff
lasts much longer, and your air intake, if its in the engine compartment
like some of the OEM cars, your inlet temperature goes down as well.

Frederic Breitwieser
Bridgeport, CT 06606

Homebrew Automotive Website:
http://www.xephic.dynip.com/

1993 Supercharged Lincoln Continental
1989 HMMWV
2000 Buick-Powered Mid-Engined Sports Car