Update on P 101

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Tue Mar 31 15:42:05 GMT 1998

Things are moving on the 1227747 front.  Not at break neck speed
but as one would expect.

More news on the pending ecms.  The 1227165, has been used
on 4-6-8 applications in both MAP, and MAF..  Also TBI 4 cyl..

The 1227730 may be able to use a generic version of the code
from the 165.  I don't know for sure how that would be done, but
have heard that twice, from good sources.

In reference to the post Sat, about TBI using 1-5, and TPI using
2-10 on the injector timing.  Does any one see any fatal flaws
about, building a circuit to convert one from the other.  ie:

Using a TPI computer, and measuring it's pulse (don't ask it to
say aaaah), and then divide by 2, and fire it twice as often.

Then on a TBI doubling it's pulse lenght, and firing it half as often.

The above two boxes could be piggy backs, with an output for
low or high impedance injectors, and then a cyl select for the pulsing
rates.  Or after the discussion from Dec., maybe just a LM1949
final drive?...

  Really wish someone would step up to the plate on the above
    TPI to TBI design work......

That would give use 4-6-8, TBI, TPI, MAP/MAF coverage......

It seems the Ford guys have no interest to help with this, so unless
things change, I don't see doing that box.  The interest for the
foreign crowd haven't said much, so unless there is demand for
doing them, I don't see putting the effort into that either.  If they
do have a "want" the above selection still would cover them.

Well all this leaves is traction control, and the wide ratio O2 sensor.