Supercharged 3800

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Fri May 1 05:08:51 GMT 1998

From: Peter Jaramaz <pjaramaz at ingenico.com.au>
To: 'diy_efi at EFI332.eng.ohio-state.edu' <diy_efi at EFI332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Date: Friday, May 01, 1998 12:52 AM
Subject: RE: Supercharged 3800

>Thanks for the reply,
>
>What would be the difference if the SC is mounted downstream (i.e after)
>compared to upstream (i.e before) the throttle body - to me it seems almost
>the same i.e interms of throttle body restriction, 10 psi vaccum after the
>TB vs 10 psi of pressure before the TB would result in the same flow across
>the TB.
>
>For me, mounting the SC after the TB would make for a cleaner install.
>
>Peter

Is this TB for TBI or for a TPI?.  If TBI then it means your displacing
air out of the blower because of the fuel load.  If multi port then ya
want the injectors close to the blower so the fuel has time to absorb
some of the heat out of the intake charge, rather than right up by the
intake valve.
  All blowers need some lubrication.   If the TB is upstream of the
blower than the engine vacuum is going to try and draw this lube
into the intake charge when closing the butterflies at high rpm.
If the butterflies are below the blower it sees no vacuum during
this period of overrun.
  HTH
Bruce