Clarifications on last Programming 101

Mike Dillon mdill at lsil.com
Fri May 1 16:39:05 GMT 1998

Hey Tony,

 Let me expand on your answer a little so the binarily inpaired can
 understand :)

 FD (Hex) is 1111 1101 in binary. This means from what Bruce has discovered
       this bit ^  at address 050D controls the vss diagnostic.
 F9 (hex) =  1111 1001 and
    this bit ^  is the knock diagnostic ie 0111 1001 = 79 hex
 39 (hex) = 0011 1001
    this bit  ^  is the egr diagnostic ie 0001 1001 = 19 hex

  My hat is off to Bruce (How in the heck did you find this ??)

The question is does clearing these bit(s) disable these functions or
does it just turn off the error reporting ??

Mike D.

 from what Bruce has found