Blown fuel/timing maps

Andris Skulte askulte at emerald.tufts.edu
Sun May 3 17:06:01 GMT 1998

Thanks for the maps that were posted :) I've got a place to start now.
I'm shooting for about 400 hp off the bat, and then 450-500 once I get
it tuned and raise the boost a little.

It's a MAP system (Accel DFI, w/o the wideband o2 sensor) You can
program it to stay in closed loop for whatever you want. I've got it set
up to be CL above 1000 rpms, and below 70% throttle. At WOT, it goes to
whatever you have programmed (currently pulsewidths that give me around
750 mV throughout the rpm range). Any larger, and I droppped a few hp on
the dyno. If you guys haven't seen the project, I've got it online at
http://www.eecs.tufts.edu/~askulte/ttt/ttt.html.

I've got Deltagate wastegates to use, so I think I'll start out w/ the 5
psi springs. Once I get the fuel curve dialed in, I'll raise the boost
to 8-10 psi. I'm still on the stock iron crappy heads, stock cam
(actually, half decent for a blown application...) and stock cast 9.0:!
cast bottom end. I'm taking it slow since I can't afford a new motor at
the beginning of this summer...

Andris "my sponsors donated a case of coneshaped hats" Skulte